- This event has passed.
Value of Opportunity Zones
September 10, 2019 @ 7:30 am - 9:30 amFree
Time is Running Out to Maximize the Value of Opportunity Zones
Joint program of the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce and MetroWest Chamber of Commerce
September 10, 2019
7:30 – 9:30am
Apex Center, Marlborough
In 2020 Opportunity Zones will still be in play, but investors will reap maximum value if money is invested by the end of 2019. By attending this program, attendees will learn about recent developments, including the first OpZone investments in Massachusetts and key points from Federal guidance released this past May, and how to structure these investments to maximize value. The program will go beyond OpZones and discuss other tax incentive strategies such as 1031 exchanges and TIFs.
As a reminder, The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 created the OpZone program, which provides real estate investors a new tool to defer gains from sales or exchanges of capital assets by investing those gains in a “Qualified Opportunity Fund.” An OpZone is a designated geographic area, typically distressed or underutilized, in which individuals can defer capital gains recognition for up to seven years if the gain is invested in a Fund, and avoid capital gains on the appreciation of the Fund investment after a 10-year holding period.
Join us on Sept 10 to learn how to make it happen.
Intro: Christopher Rock, Partner, Bowditch & Dewey
- Chris Cahill, Principal, Family Office Services, Twelve Points Wealth Management
- Meredith Harris, Executive Director, Marlborough Economic Development Corporation
- Thatcher Kezer III, Chief Operating Officer, City of Framingham
- Lynn Tokarczyk, Government Incentives Consultant, Business Development Strategies, Inc.
- Jon Barooshian, Partner, Bowditch & Dewey (moderator)