Position Overview: Coordinates, promotes and executes Chamber events and business development efforts for aggressive MRCC membership growth. Manages all aspects of the events and program schedule to maximize attendance and profitability through the creation and marketing of value- added Chamber membership. Collaborates with Office Administrator and President to project a clear, consistent message to the Chamber membership.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and Coordinate Chamber Events & Programs: Serve as the team leader for the scheduled annual events and any event assigned by the CEO; Responsible for all aspects of event planning, marketing and coordination; Provides necessary and appropriate communication with staff and volunteers to ensure a successful event and to create a positive experience for event attendees.
- Proactively seeks out new membership opportunities and leads business development efforts through lead generation and referrals.
- Facilitates membership drives and retention and renewal focus to maintain Chamber membership.
- Coordinates press releases with CEO and media contacts.
- Evaluate and determine all aspects of events including date/time/location, and topics/speakers for events; Works with CEO to negotiate terms of contract for host facility/entertainment and speakers within budget; coordinate needs and staff event appropriately with staff and volunteers.
- Manage and serve as staff liaison to the Event Committees (Government Affairs, Young Professionals, School to Business, Diversity) and Board of Directors. Prepare and file committee minutes from each meeting.
- Prepare a written report of events each month for Chamber board meetings.
- Evaluate each event or program after each activity and implement any necessary changes based on the evaluation outcomes. .
- Supervise interns and volunteers as appropriate.
- Serve as an ambassador for the chamber in the community.
Non-essential Job Functions
- Serve as staff ambassador to members at events.
- Represent Chamber Brand to visitors and membership
- Attend community functions, as appropriate, as a chamber representative to help create awareness of the Chamber
Key Critical Success Factors
- Organization and time management
- Selling skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to self-motivate
- Interpersonal Skills
- Computer proficiency
- 40 Hours per week
- Base Salary
- Commission Sales Incentive
- Benefit Contribution
- No phone calls
- email resume and cover letter to email@example.com