Anthony Everett, Emmy Award-winning anchor of WCVB Channel 5’s nightly newsmagazine, “Chronicle”, will be the keynote speaker at the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting Luncheon on Wednesday, November 15, 2017. Everett will speak about how to get your story featured on “Chronicle”. The luncheon will be held at the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel located at 181 Boston Post Road West in Marlborough from 11:30am o 1:30pm.
Everett has been honored with multiple Emmy Awards, including Emmys in 2016 for his reporting on Education, and for his reporting on the high incidence of cancer among Boston Firefighters. In 2015, he received an Emmy for his reporting on Alzheimer’s as a societal concern. He also received the Emmy for hosting a special on Holiday Lights in 2015 and for a special on the Boston Pops 125th anniversary in 2011. His work as host of “Chronicle” was recognized with an Emmy in 2010. He also was honored with Emmys for his reporting on the recycling industry in 2009, and for a report on special education in 2008. In 2015, Everett received a first place National Headliner award for Health and Science reporting. Also in 2010, The Improper Bostonian magazine named “Chronicle” Boston’s Best Local TV Program.
Everett has served as WCVB’s senior correspondent for major national events and breaking news and has regularly contributed to special reports for all WCVB newscasts. His strong reporting skills have helped WCVB garner multiple prestigious awards, including the Edward R. Murrow Awards for News Series and News Documentary in 2013, the Associated Press Awards for Investigative Reporting and Documentary Reporting in 2012, and the National Headliner Award for Breaking News in 2003.
The cost to attend is $48 for members and $60 for non-members and guests. Tables of 10 for members only are $450.
The menu for the luncheon includes Roasted Red and Golden Beet Salad over Bib Lettuce with Caramelized Onion and Port Wine Reduction and choice of meal:
- Chicken:Chicken Stuffed with Boursin Cheese and Asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto
- Beef:Herb Roasted Tenderloin of Beef with a Shallot Blackberry Merlot
- Vegetarian:Butternut Squash Ravioli
Advanced payment and registration is requested. Please visit the Chamber website at https://www.marlboroughchamber.org//event/2017-annual-meeting-luncheon/
The 2017 Annual Meeting Luncheon is sponsored by:
- Boston Scientific – Presidential Sponsor
- Hologic – Premier Sponsor
- Main Street Bank – Premier Sponsor
- Raytheon – Premier Sponsor
- St. Mary’s Credit Union – Premier Sponsor
- Middlesex Savings Bank – Luncheon Sponsor
- Commerce Bank – Supporting Sponsor
- DCU – Supporting Sponsor
- GE Healthcare – Supporting Sponsor
- Quest Diagnostics – Supporting Sponsor
- Minuteman Press – Print Sponsor
- Fletcher Tilton PC Attorneys at law – Dessert Sponsor