Marlborough Savings Bank
It’s Since 1860, Marlborough Savings Bank has remained a community-based bank dedicated to providing exceptional customer service experiences and value. As a mutual savings bank, Marlborough adheres to a long-term focus, not just quarter to quarter growth. Their stakeholders are customers, not shareholders, which allows them to make decisions in the best interest of our communities.
Located in various storefronts in Marlborough’s downtown throughout its history, the bank has never left the area, and has only grown to establish new branches in other Metrowest communities. With so much of its history and client relationships tied to Marlborough, the bank never wanted to stray far from its roots, and recognized that keeping its headquarters in downtown Marlborough was imperative to maintaining those relationships with its core customers.
The idea for a new headquarters began in 2003 with a letter to the Fitzpatrick family, current owners of the premier, Granger Boulevard location. The communications continued and by 2008, negotiations were complete. The permit process and city council meetings began in May of 2009 and ground broke in October of 2009.
The customer-centric location held its grand opening celebration in September 2010. The 16,000 square foot building has the branch office and investment services area on the 1st floor, all retail and commercial lending on the 2nd floor, and executive, human resources, marketing and finance on the 3rd floor. It’s a one-stop shop with convenient parking for all retail and commercial banking needs. The prior Main Office location on Main Street has been retained to accommodate Operations and IT. With room for expansion at both locations, the bank is well-positioned for continued growth for many more years to come.
Learn more about Marlborough Savings Bank